I'm an entrepreneur, both for-profit and non-profit. I like to start and grow organizations and products.
- Echothread, a liveblog app for Slack I'm building.
- APB Digital, my consulting firm. I help organizations scale their digital operations
- Investor and CTO in a digital political media company.
- Founder and president of a digital agency and software startup, sold to a Japanese multinational conglomerate in 2014.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, YouthBiz. Merged organization with another non-profit.
- Website architect, NBCUniversal.
- Online Producer, National Review.
- Graduate of Hillsdale College, Michigan.
Follow me on Twitter or subscribe to my infrequent email newsletter (signup below).
Seeking My Advice
I'm happy to provide business/career advice, referrals, and mentorship to those who I believe I can truly help. If you're interested, please email me a straight-forward, no B.S. summary of what type of advice you are looking for and how I might be able to help you. I'm unable to help until I receive a clear email with a good summary of your situation.
Pitching Your Business
I get "pitched" numerous times a month by people trying to get me to hire them or invest time/money in their business ideas. I say no to 99.99% of such inquiries.
I do not consider business opportunities via telephone.
To pitch me, you must send a email with a straight-forward, no B.S. summary of your business and your background with the subject line, "PITCH: [Your business name]." If I'm interested, I will schedule a follow-up phone call. Numerous emails and cold telephone calls will lead to instant rejection.